Wednesday, July 03, 2013

CHESS POEMS (QUENTAINS) - WRITTEN BY ERWIN L. CARAG

CHESS POEMS (QUENTAINS)

WRITTEN BY ERWIN L. CARAG

.CHESS GAME
Chess game
I play, I win
Sometimes I lose, but lessons learned
I sacrifice, I teach
Avoid vice, goals reached
Sincere heart is what every chessplayer
needs from the start.

.GOD's CALL
God's call
(Analyze !)
What is your role?
Every move must have a purpose
So in life, think of a worthy cause
Life's uncertain, similar to 64 squares.

.WHAT's NEXT
What's next?
Play your very best.
Solving all of life's tests
by applying the chess principles
We're Caissa;s adherents.
(To God's commandments)
we are disciples.

.THE CLOCK
The clock
We're brothers – white, black
We all need time to think
'Cause we're living for planet's sake
Coordinate the pieces in actions we make.

.PIN ! WIN !
Pin ! Win !
Traps must be seen
Avoid dirty tricks and stay clean
|Be a sport and a fine gentleman
Play hard! And pray to God!
Thy will be done.

.ATTACKS AND DEFENSES
Attacks. Defenses
God's gifts – skills, senses
Put into use, be alert.
Before it's late, we won't get hurt.
Chess equals life. Win. Lose. Give. Take.
Attack. Defense. Checkmate.

.PAWNS! PAWNS!
Pawns. Pawns.
Like ants. Small soldiers.
Similar in appearance.
(Different in functions.)
Pawns will never be a king, for sure.
(Isolated? Lonely? Cheer up!)
Promote yourself for a better future!

.64 SQUARES
64 Squares
Who's my opponent?
(Where?)
Opposing chairs. Let's play it fair.
Don't be nervous, you can't stand the stare?!
Look at the chessboard – he's attacking me.
Say a prayer!

.ZERO. DEFAULT
Zero. Default.
It is my fault.
Play every game, even without a chance.
That's how we learn, always have fighting stance.
Don't quit. Be a winner.
Thrive for the best result.

. (Beginner's Lament)
STALEMATE. DRAW
(Opponent) – Stalemate. Draw.
No space to move!
(Beginner) – I have a king and a queen.
He owns a solitary king. Not a win!
I'm a beginner. Must study to improve
my game. Shame!













No comments: